Archive for the ‘Cedar House Pub’ Category
Monday, December 16th, 2013
Ring in the New Year at Lake Tahoe‘s Granlibakken with a cozy room, plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities and a New Year’s party with a delicious dinner, dancing, dessert and champagne.
Sip champagne while you ring in the New Year at the Cedar House Pub.
Whether you’re bringing the family, your spouse or significant other, Granlibakken has lodge rooms to eight bedroom condos, abundant ski, sledding, snowshoe and snowplay opportunities available for your holiday.
Granlibakken offers its famous hearty breakfast buffet each morning and dinner from 5 to 9 p.m. in the Cedar House Pub.
Celebrating the arrival of 2014, Granlibakken will serve a delicious New Year’s Eve dinner for two to guests featuring Salmon with Mango Salsa, Chicken Picatta with Lemon Caper Butter, Butternut Squash Lasagna with Shitake Mushrooms, Roast Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus, scalloped potatoes steamed seasoned mixed vegetables, mixed green fresh vegetables, butternut squash and Arugula salad, Leek and avocado salad with cherry tomatoes and special New Year desserts.
Following dinner will be dancing, dessert and champagne.
The onsite ski and sledding hill are open daily throughout the holidays as well as the equipment rental shop and snack bar. Feel like relaxing after a day on outdoors, check out the Granlibakken Day Spa, which offers a variety of options and wellness packages from a staff of professional therapists specializing in therapeutic massage, skin care, and holistic body treatments. Renew your body, mind and soul for an hour or a full day.
How will you celebrate New Year’s at Granlibakken?
Thursday, February 28th, 2013
If you find yourself sitting in your office cubicle thinking about Lake Tahoe and how much you’d rather be there instead of sitting at work – you’re not alone! And we can help. Granlibakken has 10 reasons to visit the resort before the snow stops.
Everyone could use a snowy escape to Granlibakken!
10) Ski and snowplay: Granlibakken has its own intimate ski and snowboard hill and separate snowplay area, ideal for families with children, beginning and intermediate skiers. Affordable and packed with just as many thrills found at nearby ski mountains, guests can rent equipment (skis, snowboards, poles, boots, cross country skis, snowshoes and helmets) and then climb aboard a lift for a full or half-day of downhill adventure.
9) Stay and ski packages: Not only does Granlibakken have its great ski and snow play area but it also offers access to eight world class ski mountains. The resort’s popular and affordable stay and ski packages include lodging and lift tickets at Squaw Valley USA, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort, Alpine Meadows, Homewood Mountain Resort, Sugar Bowl, Mt. Rose, Heavenly Mountain Resort or Sierra-at-Tahoe with rates starting at $145 mid-week.
8) Walk or ski in the wild: Whether you strap on a pair of long skis or snow shoes, there’s plenty of action off the beaten path. The terrain is wide open with trails to glide across or stomp through with specially-fitted cross country skis or snowshoes. You can explore acres of forest trails for a weekday or weekend’s worth of discovery and lose yourself with the high sierra backdrop and quiet serenity that only cross country trails can offer. Guests have easy access to popular trailheads that provide miles of ungroomed terrain.
7) Lighthouse Spa: Relax the mind, kneed the body, tap into your spirit and find balance with a number of spa treatments offered at Granlibakken’s Lighthouse Spa. Whether you’re looking for deep tissue massage, reflexology treatments or a body wrap, the Lighthouse Spa offers two treatment rooms and a number of wellness packages each aimed at taking the edge off those things that stress the body and mind.
6) Delicious meals: Dining options and getaway stays go hand-in-hand. Lodge guests are treated every morning to a full-spread and hearty breakfast buffet featuring fresh fruit, homemade muffins, quiches, blintzes, eggs, and the daily chef’s special, plus all the accompaniments. The Cedar House Pub is the resort’s on-site restaurant that offers cozy fireside dining, daily specials and kid-friendly items through March 30.
5) Lodging options: Designed for intimate overnights and large-group getaways, Granlibakken has a number of first rate suites, studios, condominiums, townhomes and chalets available for any need and price range. All guests have rooms equipped with Cable television with DVD; direct dial phone with voicemail and wired/wireless internet access and in-room coffee maker. Options include a kitchen, fireplace, dining area, loft and a deck or patio. In addition, all guests have access to our heated outdoor pool, hot tub and sauna.
4) Soar above the trees: Take the wintertime outdoor challenge to another level with California’s first Treetop Adventure Park, “where ropes course meets zip line on steroids.” The high-tree intertia-bending course consists of platforms installed along tree tops that are connected by various configurations of cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Fully harnessed guests can zip, climb, walk, and maneuver their way through various obstacle courses, each with varying degrees of skills and challenges that promotes teamwork at 30-feet above the ground.
3) A large playground: Granlibakken is a Norwegian name meaning a hill sheltered by trees. The Resort occupyies 74 wooded acres in a picturesque mountain valley.
2) A massive lake: Lake Tahoe – spectacular views of big blue are minutes away from the lodge.
1) Because you deserve it.
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
With a week’s worth of outdoor holiday adventure at Lake Tahoe’s Granlibakken, nothing compares to the cozy fireside dining that awaits guests inside the lodge on New Year’s Day. Chef Ron Eber and the Granlibakken culinary team — who received a Gold Medal and Judge’s Choice top honors at the 2012 Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival — will prepare a scrumptious New Year’s dinner, featuring an array of seasonal favorite dishes.
Ring in your New Year at Granlibakken!
The New Year’s dinner menu features:
— An assortment of fresh and preserved vegetables with savory dressings
— Arugula, multi-colored beet, and chevre salad with a cranberry vinaigrette
— Granlibakken’s award-winning stuffed mushroom cap with red lentil hash, maple leaf duck breast, chevre and currant jam
— Stuffed tomato with curried bay shrimp
— Salmon with mango salsa
— Chicken Picatta with lemon caper butter
— Vegetarian pot pie
— Roast prime rib of beef au jus (carving station)
— Scalloped potatoes
— A special New Year’s dessert
To reserve a table or book a holiday lodging package at a 2012 Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence winner, call (530) 583-4242 or (877) 552-6301.
All accommodations include access to amenities such as heated outdoor pool, hot tub and sauna, hot breakfast buffets, the Lighthouse Spa, the Tree Top Adventure Park, ski and snow play and the Tahoe Cross Country Center to explore miles of historic cross-country ski trails.
Home to the 1932 Olympic ski jumping trials, Granlibakken maintains its rustic charm while blending tradition and technology with free Wi-Fi throughout the resort and ground transportation from Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
Will you be spending your New Year’s Eve at Granlibakken?
Monday, December 17th, 2012
Christmas at Granlibakken Conference Center and Lodge will be packed full of warm tidings and great cheer. The resort’s special holiday rates package has arrived, promising all the flavor of the holidays that includes cozy lodging, a Christmas Torch parade, skiing, sledding, plenty of family challenges at the Tree Top Adventure Park and award winning dining.
The Cedar House Pub will offer two seatings for Christmas dinner.
Granlibakken offers entertainment for the whole family whether it’s mom, dad or the kids. Standard Lodge rooms to eight bedroom townhomes are available throughout the holiday season.
There will be plenty of colorful photo opportunities on Christmas Eve during Granlibakken’s Torchlight Parade staged at the ski hut. Intermediate skiers are invited to join in the Torchlight Parade, a pleasant night time run down the ski hill making for a festive holiday display. Santa will be there bringing gifts, cookies and hot chocolate for the kids, while parents can sip hot mulled wine and everyone can join in on caroling.
Hungry for holiday activities and food? Granlibakken’s famous hot buffet breakfast will be served each day. There will be plenty of outdoor fun at the skiing and sledding hill, Tree Top Adventure Park and nearby ski resorts. Christmas Day will feature dinner selections of smoked salmon and trout garnished with capers and red onions, slow roasted turkey, apple glazed spiced ham and an assortment of fresh and preserved vegetables with savory dressing.
Stay through the week and enjoy a New Year’s Eve buffet party to ring in 2013 with dinner, music, dancing, dessert and champagne. For the kids, there will be movies and games for their amusement.
Enjoy a holiday without the stress and book your stay at Granlibakken!
Thursday, November 1st, 2012
Who says Thanksgiving should be spent at home? Granlibakken Conference Center and Lodge says forgo kitchen and dining room tradition and make it an adventure-filled family holiday at Lake Tahoe instead. With 74 acres of playground and trails nestled in the pines along the Lake’s west shore, Granlibakken has become a tradition for many family holiday gatherings. This year Granlibakken has added the Treetop Adventure Park to its activities list. Guests can spend Thanksgiving morning working up an appetite by climbing, zipping and soaring 30 feet off the ground and then warm up inside with a traditional, hearty holiday dinner.
Granlibakken can take care of all the work so you can simply enjoy your holiday.
Lodging packages with dinner for two are currently available. Rates start at $156 and the price for four in a suite is $389/night. The price includes lodging, hot buffet breakfast and a home-style Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all your favorite sides. Non-lodging guests can also enjoy Thanksgiving dinner for $45/adults and $15/children under 12.
Thanksgiving guests must make reservations for a specific seating. Change it up this year and enjoy dinner at Granlibakken and its many amenities, including nearby ski and snowplay activities (weather permitting), heated outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna and access to Lighthouse Spa. The Treetop Adventure Park will be open for Thanksgiving and throughout the winter season on Saturday/Sunday and holidays, weather permitting.
Thursday, September 20th, 2012
Granlibakken’s Chef Ron Eber once again put his signature creative flair and culinary skills to work by winning the coveted Judges’ Award for “Best Marriage of Food and Wine” at the 27th Annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival recently.
The winning combination of stuffed portobello mushrooms with red lentil hash, chevre, duck and red currant paired with a 2010 Morgan Pinot Noir had the judges’ attention right away. And it’s no wonder; Chef Eber has been doing it for years. Whether it is the elaborate theme dinners with dishes like Mahi Mahi Sauté, Top Sirloin with Maitre D’Hotel Butter, Petite Filet Mignon and Shrimp Sauté, or something as simple as “build your own soup and sandwich” lunch buffet, Granlibakken has something for everyone.
Guests will experience Chef Eber’s creative flair and skilled culinary cast, dedicated to pleasing every guest’s palate. In addition to mouthwatering hors d’oeuvres, main courses, and deserts, Granlibakken offers a complete wine and beer list, as well as a full bar.
Granlibakken’s full American plan offers maximum flexibility with a variety of menu choices. Breakfast and lunch are served buffet style; at dinner choose from buffet or banquet service. Special arrangements can be made for private “sit-down” lunches or dinners.
And no Granlibakken food write-up is complete without a mention of its epic early morning menu. Chef Eber well known throughout the state for dishing up the resort’s famous and hearty breakfast buffets, complimentary for every guest. These rise and shine fuel-for-the day offerings feature homemade muffins, quiches, blintzes, eggs, and the daily chef’s special, plus all the accompaniments.
Who’s hungry now?
Friday, December 30th, 2011
3…2…1… Happy New Year! New Years Eve always brings parties, family, friends and resolutions. Still no plans for New Years Eve? Start the year off right and make a reservation at.
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
Granlibakken Resort is the perfect place to be for the New Year’s Holiday. Don’t worry about having to drive on New Year’s Eve because Granlibakken offers a party and a place to stay. For $195 you have lodging, festivities and an abundance of fun.
Enjoy a New Years Eve buffet party with all the guests ($195 rate includes two seats) at the Cedar House Pub. Dance the night away with music all night. Take a break from dancing for dessert and champagne at 11:30 p.m. As the countdown to the New Year stats make sure you have your date to kiss at midnight! Sip on champagne in traditional New Years Eve fashion and enjoy an evening with your friends and/or family.
Cheers to 2012!
While you’re visiting make sure to check out Tahoe City for the Shop Local Contest! All day every day Shop Local and win Prizes. For every $20 spent at a participating business earn a sticker, 3 stickers and you can enter to win prizes. 13 or more stickers and you are eligible for a Grand Prize worth $500.
So if you are undecided about New Years come to a place that has it all. Granlibakken is always happy to have you and is sure to offer an unforgettable celebration. Happy New Year!
Dance the night away.
Thursday, March 10th, 2011
Winter is for skiing and boarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, cross-country and skate skiing, sledding, snow days filled with snowmen. It’s also for nesting fireside, cozy dinners by candlelight, reading and catching up. Granlibakken has a special Romantic Getaway Package that allows you to share the best of winter with your special someone.
Our two-night package includes lodging with chocolates and champagne welcoming you in-room. A full, hot, all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet each morning before you head up to the hill for a day of skiing at Alpine Meadows. Apres ski, redeem your drink voucher at Alpine’s base lodge. On your second day, enjoy a leisurely breakfast then grab a pair of cross-country skies or snowshoes at our on-site rental shop and head out for an adventure on our groomed trails. A romantic dinner awaits you at Cedar House Pub, Granlibakken’s on-site restaurant, one night of your stay. This package costs $315 and is available Fridays and Saturdays until April 3, 2011. For more information or to book, please call Reservations at 800-543-3221.