Fusing Western practices and Eastern philosophy into a weekend of seminars, exercises and demonstrations designed exclusively for women is the focus of this year’s Women’s Wellness Weekend, Nov. 9-10 at Granlibakken Conference and Lodge.
This long-loved program is alive with a complete schedule of speakers, exercise classes, vendor booths, a health fair, and food and wine.
Finding balance in our active lives means taking the necessary time to accomplish it. And there’s no better place than Lake Tahoe, with the the backdrop of pines and a constant reminder that nature also replenishes itself.
For more than two decades, the Women’s Wellness Weekend has brought together women of differing ages, body types and physical abilities in comfortable and non-threatening surroundings for a weekend of learning and growing.
Informative seminars on health, nutrition and aging mix easily with interactive clinics on skin screenings, body/muscle testing and acupuncture. The cost for the 2-day event is $109. Add a room for $65, per person double occupancy, which includes tax and service (some restrictions apply).
Inspirational and recreational activities along with food and wine receptions help unite body and soul. Plans for this year’s Wellness Weekend include:
- Classes offered by medical doctors and health professionals on addiction/dependency, plastic surgery, neuropsychology, weight management and more
- Interactive health fair; screenings, analysis, demos, consultations, information
- 1 breakfast and 2 lunches
- Activity classes, yoga, zumba, meditation, Ki Gong
- Wine and cheese social with shopping
- 9 continuing education BRN units for an additional $75. Provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 1198 for nine contact hours.
Lined up for the 2013 seminar are motivational speaker, cancer and airplane crash survivor Donna Hartley who returns after speaking last year, Tahoe City naturopaths and house favorites Christina Campbell, ND and Stephenie Riley, ND, and Jill Whisler, RD featuring a must-hear talk on diet do’s, myths, and trends. Also in the mix are a slew of new speakers who will discuss fresh topics such as: plastic surgery, addiction/dependency and neuropsychology.
For more information email ShawnaLee@Granlibakken.com or call (877) 552-0185.