With spring’s transformation and renewal at Lake Tahoe underway, Granlibakken Conference Center and Lodge is gearing up for the season with plenty of hiking, biking and outdoor recreation opportunities at its 74-acre playground.
As the weather warms and the snow melts, choices abound. Here are a few facts to consider for your visit.
- Choose from a variety of lodging options like a first-class room, studio or suite that’s loaded with amenities, including free high-speed Internet service.
- Meet up with long-lost friends, classmates and family members at Granlibakken for a reunion.
- Walk to Tahoe City or the Truckee River along the resort’s 1.4-mile forest path and take in the surrounding beauty of the nature trail.
- Play a game of tennis on one of the resort’s five courts or sign-in for a refresher course at the Lake Tahoe Nike Tennis Camp held annually in summer.
- Enjoy the sun beside a luxurious pool and hot tub area.
- Relax and rejuvenate in the resort’s sauna.
- Build up a sweat at the Lodge’s outdoor par course.
- Hike Tahoe’s Rim Trail, which borders the resort.
- Zip, launch and ascend 15 to 50 feet above the trees along more than 50 platforms at the Treetop Adventure Park ropes course.
- Grab a mountain bike, available onsite, and go for a ride.
- Relax and unwind inside the Lighthouse Spa.
- Attend the annual Women’s Wellness Weekend in the fall. The summit offers workshops, speakers, health screenings, socials and continuing education certification.
- Build a better business through teamwork. Granlibakken is nationally recognized as a destination for corporate retreats and conferences. Company leaders can outline goal-setting and mission statements for half of the day, and send their fearless crews out into the woods for mountain biking and hiking adventures or in the spirit of friendly competition, settle scores on either the tennis courts or at the Treetop Adventure Park.
- Dine in and feast. Granlibakken is well known for its hearty, hot breakfast buffet served daily for guests and its exquisite dining opportunities during conferences, reunions and weddings.
- Tie the knot or watch couples who do. Granlibakken offers several year-round indoor and outdoor venues for that special day, including luxurious lodging and receptions with Lake Tahoe serving as the backdrop.
- During the winter you can stay at Granlibakken and ski at your choice of eight different Lake Tahoe Mountains – Alpine Meadows, Homewood Mountain Resort, Mt. Rose, Northstar California, Sierra-at-Tahoe, Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl and Heavenly Mountain Resort. Ski and stay packages start at $145.
What activities do you enjoy during your stay at Granlibakken?