If you find yourself sitting in your office cubicle thinking about Lake Tahoe and how much you’d rather be there instead of sitting at work – you’re not alone! And we can help. Granlibakken has 10 reasons to visit the resort before the snow stops.
10) Ski and snowplay: Granlibakken has its own intimate ski and snowboard hill and separate snowplay area, ideal for families with children, beginning and intermediate skiers. Affordable and packed with just as many thrills found at nearby ski mountains, guests can rent equipment (skis, snowboards, poles, boots, cross country skis, snowshoes and helmets) and then climb aboard a lift for a full or half-day of downhill adventure.
9) Stay and ski packages: Not only does Granlibakken have its great ski and snow play area but it also offers access to eight world class ski mountains. The resort’s popular and affordable stay and ski packages include lodging and lift tickets at Squaw Valley USA, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort, Alpine Meadows, Homewood Mountain Resort, Sugar Bowl, Mt. Rose, Heavenly Mountain Resort or Sierra-at-Tahoe with rates starting at $145 mid-week.
8) Walk or ski in the wild: Whether you strap on a pair of long skis or snow shoes, there’s plenty of action off the beaten path. The terrain is wide open with trails to glide across or stomp through with specially-fitted cross country skis or snowshoes. You can explore acres of forest trails for a weekday or weekend’s worth of discovery and lose yourself with the high sierra backdrop and quiet serenity that only cross country trails can offer. Guests have easy access to popular trailheads that provide miles of ungroomed terrain.
7) Lighthouse Spa: Relax the mind, kneed the body, tap into your spirit and find balance with a number of spa treatments offered at Granlibakken’s Lighthouse Spa. Whether you’re looking for deep tissue massage, reflexology treatments or a body wrap, the Lighthouse Spa offers two treatment rooms and a number of wellness packages each aimed at taking the edge off those things that stress the body and mind.
6) Delicious meals: Dining options and getaway stays go hand-in-hand. Lodge guests are treated every morning to a full-spread and hearty breakfast buffet featuring fresh fruit, homemade muffins, quiches, blintzes, eggs, and the daily chef’s special, plus all the accompaniments. The Cedar House Pub is the resort’s on-site restaurant that offers cozy fireside dining, daily specials and kid-friendly items through March 30.
5) Lodging options: Designed for intimate overnights and large-group getaways, Granlibakken has a number of first rate suites, studios, condominiums, townhomes and chalets available for any need and price range. All guests have rooms equipped with Cable television with DVD; direct dial phone with voicemail and wired/wireless internet access and in-room coffee maker. Options include a kitchen, fireplace, dining area, loft and a deck or patio. In addition, all guests have access to our heated outdoor pool, hot tub and sauna.
4) Soar above the trees: Take the wintertime outdoor challenge to another level with California’s first Treetop Adventure Park, “where ropes course meets zip line on steroids.” The high-tree intertia-bending course consists of platforms installed along tree tops that are connected by various configurations of cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Fully harnessed guests can zip, climb, walk, and maneuver their way through various obstacle courses, each with varying degrees of skills and challenges that promotes teamwork at 30-feet above the ground.
3) A large playground: Granlibakken is a Norwegian name meaning a hill sheltered by trees. The Resort occupyies 74 wooded acres in a picturesque mountain valley.
2) A massive lake: Lake Tahoe – spectacular views of big blue are minutes away from the lodge.
1) Because you deserve it.